This release was focussed on providing the capabilities to use the Chef toolset to create new resources. All the work items that have been closed for this release can be found on github.
- 5 - A new function which provides the ability to execute ChefSpec tests.
- 6 - A new function which invokes the Chef linting tool Foodcritic on the selected Chef cookbooks.
- 7 - A new function which invokes the Ruby linting tool RuboCop on selected Ruby source files.
- 20 - A new package restore script was added to allow restoring Chef cookbooks via Berkshelf.
- 21 - A new switch was added to the packer function which allows keeping the resources generated with packer in case the packer build fails. This improves the ability to debug issues in the packer build.